Welcome

Hi there,
Just a couple things, this blog IS about my healing but also about what I learn. I am not by nature a depressed person, I like to enjoy life and strive hard to do so even in the hardest times. I am also a voracious reader and love to study religious things, I know scary, oooo, I do let my religious views be know so if this is offensive to you, not my problem, I will not allow crude posts. Im pretty open minded but wont allow vulgarity or rudeness, My kids read this folks so keep it clean. That's all. May your day be full of joyful bits.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 2 of my 40 day walk with God

The assignment:
The Plan of Salvation
"Young Women Value Experiences and Projects."Young Women Personal Progress: Standing As a Witness of God, 11-14

Increase your understanding of the plan of salvation. Resources for study include 2 Nephi 9:1-28 2 Nephi 11: 4-7 Moses 4:1-4 Revelation 12: 7-9 D&C 76:50-113 D&C 93: 33-34 Abraham 3: 24-27 and 1 Corinthians 15:22
Draw or obtain a picture that depicts the plan of salvation, including the premortal existence, birth, mortal life, Death, Judgment, and life after judgment.
Using this picture, explain the plan of salvation to your family or friends in a Family Home Evening. Discuss how knowledge of the plan affects your actions.

After reading the scriptures suggested, I also did a little more study on the plan of salvation. I just LOVE Abraham and the Apocryphal texts, there are others too, and yes, I find it easiest to access them off my study most link. I really enjoy delving into the meat and potatoes of the subjects that come up. I'm a little tired of the whip cream part of Church. The Gospel is so simple but there are some amazing intricacies and reasons it is, and I love to learn about them.

I printed off the picture of the plan of salvation and talked to the kids about it in our first FHE of the year, they had good questions and hopefully I answered them. One of them was, so say you get married and your husband/wife dies like a week after what then? We talked about how when you are sealed to each other you are also sealed to God so the chain will never be broken because it always is connected to Him. If you remarry, depending on circumstances and such, you could be sealed again, if a man no problem if a woman, well that should work its self out in the eternities. I was surprised that it was a worry for the kids, they all were wondering, I guess they are concerned for the future and me possibly going that route but as of today, totally no interest in that. Im actually enjoying getting to know me again right now. We talked about some of the other ways it affects us and what we do. Dawson was rather insightful, he said that it was important cause "GOD said so", I love it when they say stuff like that.

In my studying I tend to get sidetracked and of course did here to. I found that for every earth created there is a first born spirit of that world,. A first flesh, and first fruits and its own Satan. This is in the Gospel of Bartholomew, I know its not canonized scripture but..many biblical books have been lost as elder McConkie writes. There is a common known LDS saying and scripture, "A bible a bible" is pronounced in the scriptures, but couldn't we change that to 'a quad a quad I have a quad' or to those who seek out of the best books only if they are from Deseret or Seagull book. The 13th article of faith declares we should seek after things that are virtuous lovely or praiseworthy, we need to be careful not to deny the spirit of revelation and personal prophecy. D&C 11:25 states: Wo be unto him that shall say: We have received the word of God, and we need no more..... we have enough...and also in 2Nephi 28: 29-30. We like to think these kind of statements are for the people who do not believe in the Book of Mormon or those who will probably never read it but Mormon did not waste his time, energy and Gold, He wrote it for those who read it, that would be us and made sure the record was preserved for your/our day.. SO I say We need to read other books and use that gift God gave us to receive inspiration and revelation.
Something else I knew but found was that: Brigham Young distinguished between the kingdom of God and the church of Jesus Christ or Zion, (JD2:3 16-17, 11:275 12:274) "in THAT day, ALL except the sons of perdition will be gathered into kingdoms where there will be a certain amount of peace and glory. This includes even murderers and NOT just those of the LDS faith. I think sometimes that there are some Latter day saints who believe only they will be there and they are wrong.
I also read the Abbaton, its a document which speaks about the council in heaven its fascinating, I believe that it is part of the plain and precious things that were taken from the bible. I love to read the other books that are out there, one of my favorite is the book of Jasher it is mentioned in the bible. I also have knowledge that there are MORE scrolls which have come to lite and will change Christianity as it is. I hope to be around when the translations are released and hope to see information about them soon.

Day 3: "Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me" Lesson 10: New testament Gospel Doctrine Teachers manual, 40. Read Matthew 11:28-30 What does it mean to "labour and [be] heavy laden"? What are some examples of burdens we bear in this life? How can the Lord "give [us] rest" from these burdens? What does it mean to take Christ's yoke upon us?

No comments:

Post a Comment