Welcome

Hi there,
Just a couple things, this blog IS about my healing but also about what I learn. I am not by nature a depressed person, I like to enjoy life and strive hard to do so even in the hardest times. I am also a voracious reader and love to study religious things, I know scary, oooo, I do let my religious views be know so if this is offensive to you, not my problem, I will not allow crude posts. Im pretty open minded but wont allow vulgarity or rudeness, My kids read this folks so keep it clean. That's all. May your day be full of joyful bits.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 11 and what happens when you dont listen to the adults.

Had a long day at school yesterday. When I called my daughter to come get me, she told me there had been a little incident at her friends house with her friends, sister in laws dog. Knowing that this dog is a pit bull I instantly became concerned and asked "who got bit?" She informed me that my 8 year old had but, out of love for her friends family informed me that "he sort of had it coming though." She had told him not to annoy the dog. I was still concerned. "Where did he get bit", I asked. "Oh on the lip", I was told. "Just come and get me", I told her.

She pulled up to the front of the art building and I got in the truck, I took one look at his lip, and decided we needed to head to the Dr. well, being as it was about 6PM, we ended up in the ER. I couldn't clean it in the truck, and no I didnt think to take him in the art building and try. It was still bleeding after about 45 minutes and I was slightly concerned about it because it was the size of a fat crayon. I couldnt tell and didnt have sterile supplies to check and see if it was a tear, split or piercing. I could see it wasnt through the lip into the mouth, but couldnt tell if it was through the outside of the lip. It turned out to be just a split and a bit of his lip was peeled off, the Dr. told him to keep licking it and sent us on our way. No anti biotics or anything. WHEW...

BUT the rest of the story goes like this, my son had walked by the dog a couple times, his sister and others had warned him away he hadn't touched her. The dog was walking by, I think, my 8 year old put out his hand to pet her on her behind and she bit him. He ended up with a harrowing story to tell, a cool model airplane from "grand pa mike" and got his older sisters undivided attention for a while.

The young lady who's dog it was, well she was very apologetic and sad because she realized that having children, (her and her husband do not have any yet, ) was not going to be possible if they kept the dog. Which is really sad because the dog is loved very much and up until this incident was an amazing pet. I'm hoping the police don't choose to destroy her. She had come from a home where she was mistreated but this couple have been so good to her and been training her with love and wrestling with her to hopefully curb her instinct to bite. Shes good with adults but not kids apparently.

It's really too bad, but I am SO glad I have Medicaid for my son. Thus the reason for not posting last night I was wiped out by the time we got home.

I went in today, to my schools ceramics lab to work. I just love ceramics, it is a cathartic experience for me. I can beat the snot out of some clay then make a cool thing out of it. A friend posted a cool and fun "to do" on Face book, if you click Like then the first 5 people will get a HAND made Item from the person posting within the year. I did that 2X, for a couple reasons: 1, It sounded fun. and 2, I make so much stuff in my Ceramics class I just cant keep it. I usually just toss stuff out, this way it can go to someone else and if they don't like it they toss it. I feel better cause I got to make it and give it away.

I worked on a oil bottle yesterday. Today I worked on a pot that ended up with 3 faces on it, A cup with a rooster, eggs and horses on it and a cup with a mustang on it. I have to have 6 done by Thursday of Next week. I'm also working on a sculpture for the LDS Churches, International art contest this year, it is due in April, well a photo is, If I make the first cut, It will go to SLC and be in a show. If it wins there it could be 500$ that I would use to offset the trip to SLC to deliver and set it up and the Church will have it on display for a while. I think that would be cool. SO I just decided to jump out of my comfort zone and go for it. OK now lets go Walk with God.

Day 11 ties into day 10 in some ways.
Through Christ we can be cleansed of sin.
( GO to Page 74 on the Toolbar when you get to the link.)

Otherwise I have posted most of it below.

God sent His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ, into the world so that all of God’s children would have the possibility of returning to live in His presence after they die. Only through the Savior’s grace and mercy can we become clean from sin so that we can live in our Heavenly Father’s presence. Becoming clean from sin is being healed spiritually (3 Nephi 9:13, 18:32).

I know this, I studied on it a bit and as I understand it Grace is the gift it cant be taken away, Mercy is what Jesus does for us when we accept him and become baptized in his name though they work together they are separate. We must be cleansed of sin, what ever that may be to live with God. Nothing unclean can dwell with him.

Because of Christ’s Atonement and Resurrection, all people will be brought back into the presence of the Lord to be judged according to their works and their desires (2 Nephi 9:10-16, Helaman 14:15-18 3 Nephi 27:14-22 D&C 137:9 ).

This after they are judged, Christs MERCY is in effect then. That old saying only "God knows" and "its what is in your heart" is applicable. I have however wondered if just thinking a good thing is the same as actually doing it. Well duh doing it is much better if you have the ability to do so. That part of the whole thing still puzzles me I guess. Hmm...

We will be judged according to the laws of justice and mercy. Justice is the unchanging law that brings consequences for actions—blessings for obedience to God’s commandments and penalties for disobedience. We all commit sin. Sin makes us unclean, and no unclean thing can live in God’s presence (1 Nephi 10:21 3 Nephi 27:19 Moses 6:57 ).
Mercy cannot rob justice, and if there is no law there is no God. That's pretty clear.

The Savior satisfied the demands of justice for those who repent of their sins and

endeavor to keep all of His commandments when He stood in our place and suffered the penalty for our sins. This act is called the Atonement. Because of this selfless act, Christ can plead with the Father on our behalf. Heavenly Father can apply mercy, withhold punishment from us, and welcome us into His presence. Our Heavenly Father shows mercy when He forgives us of our sins and helps us return to dwell in His presence.

However, Jesus did not eliminate our personal responsibility. He forgives our sins when we accept Him, repent, and obey His commandments. Through the Atonement and living the gospel we become worthy to enter the presence of our Heavenly Father permanently. We must show that we accept Christ and that we have faith in Him by keeping His commandments and obeying the first principles and ordinances of the gospel.

When I first glanced at this day I pretty much said "yadda yadda yadda",, Irreverent right? But then I thought about some things that have happened in my life and revised that to "THANK you GOD" for the love you have for me and my family, all the fallacies and human things we do, You have such a great plan, if we will just follow it we can come home. Having felt just a bit of that pure love, it makes me weep, I want it, I want it every day, every moment. Im so grateful for the atonement and what it does for me.


Day 12
In the footsteps of the Savior.
Lesson 42: Howard W Hunter: "In the Footsteps of the Savior," The Presidents of the Church: Teachers manual, 201
Read Matthew 8:23-27
President Hunter taught that if we "fix our eyes on Jesus, we too might... remain 'un-terrified amid the rising winds of doubt'".
(Ensign, Nov. 1992, Pg 19

What things can we do daily to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus Christ?

"We must know Christ better than we know him; we must remember him more often than we remember him; we must serve him more valiantly than we serve him."
(Howard W, Hunter, What manner of men ought ye be, Ensign, May 1994, p.64)

No comments:

Post a Comment