Welcome

Hi there,
Just a couple things, this blog IS about my healing but also about what I learn. I am not by nature a depressed person, I like to enjoy life and strive hard to do so even in the hardest times. I am also a voracious reader and love to study religious things, I know scary, oooo, I do let my religious views be know so if this is offensive to you, not my problem, I will not allow crude posts. Im pretty open minded but wont allow vulgarity or rudeness, My kids read this folks so keep it clean. That's all. May your day be full of joyful bits.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Becoming Whole Day 13


The Savior’s atonement in the garden and on the cross is intimate as well as infinite. Infinite in that it spans the eternities. Intimate in that the Savior felt each person’s pains, sufferings, and sicknesses. Consequently, he knows how to carry our sorrows and relieve our burdens that we might be healed from within, made whole persons, and receive everlasting joy in his kingdom. May our faith in the Father and the Son help each of us to become whole.

I read the whole article, I found comfort in some things Id like to quote;

1. "
To be meaningful, life must be more than the ephemeral pleasures of youth. There must be a plan. Death, even if accidental, must be part of the plan. Developing faith in and coming to know one’s Maker is at the core of the plan. Having hope with regard to one’s eternal destiny and experiencing joy must also be part of life’s purpose."
A young man who was killed in a tragic accident is mentioned in this article. Something I had thought of often was said, He, the young man, Kevin in my case, lost all he knew when he died, all he was familiar with HERE. We lost him. We still have things that are familiar. The thought that Kevin was alone was so short, the feeling and thought literally slammed into me that NO, he is HOME, he KNOWS us. He has so many loved ones here to help him and show him around that even though he does miss and love you he is OK. The Peace that I felt was not only immediate but washed over me like a warm comforting shower.

2. "Death teaches that we do not experience a fullness of joy in mortality and that everlasting joy can be achieved only with the assistance of the Master."
I believe that Death is an event we live through, (thank you Bruce Ive stolen that quote) We continue on and grow even in the eternities line upon line and precept upon precept. I find that the bits of Joy I am graced with daily are so wonderful that like a really yummy piece of chocolate, Its best in small pieces, I treasure them, Look forward to them and feast upon the sweetness of it letting it melt into my soul where I can remember it and treasure the moments.

3. "Through Christ, broken hearts are mended and peace replaces anxiety and sorrow."

I think that I do have anxiety about the future and of course I have sorrow but as I deal with each day learning that I can do things, I can make decisions and I can continue to live life without him, as I feel the love of the Savior, and yes I still feel Kevin's spirit, that anxiety is lessening.

4. "Whatever the source of pain, Jesus understands and can heal the spirit as well as the body." There are many kinds of pain, loosing a loved one is tremendous but I can imagine that loosing yourself would be awful. Loosing your faith and the belief that God lives and loves us would be devastating. I can not and do not want to imagine that sort of loss. GOD plays such an important role in my life, NOW more than ever. Its strange how LOSS brings him closer to you. Having a broken heart allows him entrance when nothing else will. I have felt SO much outpouring of love since Kevin died, from people here on earth, especially when I was in Arizona, SO many I did not know. Here in Montana when it comes up, and I'm surprised just how often it does, I receive kind words from people. I have found, oddly enough I think, that these moments are teaching moments for me, times when I am easily able to share a gospel message of Eternal companions and the Sealing power of the Temple. It surprises the people I'm speaking with and allows me to reaffirm a belief I not only hold dear but look forward to in the future fulfilling. Its a comfort.

Becoming Whole is a process it won't be something I can do in a night, week or probably a month. It is important to me and I want to grow spiritually and in ways that the Lord can use me as I know he has planned. I'm coming to realize that missing my sweetheart is OK, when I see him again, when the time is right and he comes to get me, our reunion will be so sweet and poignant, amazing. Ive got a lot to learn and do here, He has stuff he is doing there. We will be together again I know it.

Day 14:
Self Reliance
Read the Pamphlet All is safely gathered in.
"organize yourselves; Prepare every needful thing, and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting a house of faith an house of learning, a house of glory a house of order and a house of God."
D&C 109:8
How can Provident Living bring us closer to our Savior? In what ways would you like to live more providently?

No comments:

Post a Comment