Welcome

Hi there,
Just a couple things, this blog IS about my healing but also about what I learn. I am not by nature a depressed person, I like to enjoy life and strive hard to do so even in the hardest times. I am also a voracious reader and love to study religious things, I know scary, oooo, I do let my religious views be know so if this is offensive to you, not my problem, I will not allow crude posts. Im pretty open minded but wont allow vulgarity or rudeness, My kids read this folks so keep it clean. That's all. May your day be full of joyful bits.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The assignment for Day 3:
"Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me"
Lesson 10: New testament Gospel Doctrine Teachers manual, 40.

Read Matthew 11:28-30

What does it mean to "labour and [be] heavy laden"?

What are some examples of burdens we bear in this life?

How can the Lord "give [us] rest" from these burdens?

What does it mean to take Christ's yoke upon us?


After reading Matthew, I pondered these questions, they rolled around the back of my mind all day. At first my thoughts went to actual labor, hard physical labor, Ive done that when I worked with Kevin doing construction, sometimes I worked so hard I thought I would die, He was such a Beast when it came to stamina and of course I had to keep up with him. That was a good thing.
I thought of the burdens we bear, some have secrets that tear them up, others are in such pain emotionally and spiritually even physical pain, all of which are not only burdensome but wearing.
After thinking about the Physical labor, my mind shifted to emotional difficulties, the hard things we have to deal with daily, the horror of life, the pain of it all then again a shift to the Spiritual. I wondered am I burdened Spiritually? This took some thought and I concluded that yes, yes I am. I have things that I need to just get over, things that because I have not let them go are holding me back from moving forward and shining like a sunrise on a mountain meadow, sparkling sunshine in the dew drops of the morning. I want to be like that, beautiful spiritually, Physically well I am what I am,, but Spiritually I can be so much more.


Pondering the ways the Lord can help I got to thinking about when he was in Gethsemane and took ALL the pain, sin, disappointment, sorrow, All of it upon himself, so much so that he bled from every pore, as Luke observed. He knows my pain, my sorrow, my fear and all the things I go through daily. He knows, He empathizes and is there to hold me and buoy me up. THIS I know. I have felt it. When I stop and just be, quietly meditating. When I see that sparkling lake, the smile on my children's faces, the dog wanting attention. I see glimpses. He said Be still and KNOW I am with you. In our lives today, at least MY life, it seems so hectic that taking time to just stop seems to be impossible, I am actually afraid to do so because I will HAVE to FEEL things I don't know I really want to feel. I will take that time, I must. There are the standard pat answers of Pray, read scriptures and all, they are right but I think we must also be brave and face fear, head on, in order to let Him take us to heights we never thought we could go.

Day 4:
For God so loved the world.
Dallin H. Oaks, "Love and Law," Ensign, Nov, 2009, 26
There is not greater evidence of the infinite power and perfection of God's love than is declared by the Apostle John: 'For God so love t the world, that he gave his only begotten Son' (John 3:16). Another Apostle wrote that God 'Spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all' (Romans 8:32).
Think how it must have grieved our Heavenly Father to send His Son to endure incomprehensible suffering for our sins. That is the greatest evidence of His love for each of us!"

No comments:

Post a Comment