Welcome

Hi there,
Just a couple things, this blog IS about my healing but also about what I learn. I am not by nature a depressed person, I like to enjoy life and strive hard to do so even in the hardest times. I am also a voracious reader and love to study religious things, I know scary, oooo, I do let my religious views be know so if this is offensive to you, not my problem, I will not allow crude posts. Im pretty open minded but wont allow vulgarity or rudeness, My kids read this folks so keep it clean. That's all. May your day be full of joyful bits.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 8 of my 40 Day walk with God

Id like to preface this post with an apology. I have been sick and have not felt like doing much of anything. I did do some retail therapy today and feel better, 90% off sales are always an uplifting thing. It even falls into the last activity where Saving is what you are supposed to do. I did that so...

On to day 8.

Why did Jesus institute the Sacrament?
He did so that mortals could remember what He was doing for them, the sacrifice He was doing so we could be with Him and Father again. It was a Physical thing we could do that would make it easier to remember.

What three things do we "witness" or promise, that we will do when we take this sacrament?
That we are willing to take upon us the name of Christ, to always remember him and to keep his commandments. So that we may always have his spirit with us.

What does it mean to take upon us the name of Christ?

As for taking upon us the name of Christ. That was covered.

When we take upon us Christ's name, What can people expect from us?
That we will be Christ like, the very foundation of the Church and what we need to do to get into the Celestial Kingdom.

How can we prepare ourselves to partake of the sacrament worthily?
If we will have a prayerful attitude, try to be reverent, that is pretty hard with little ones most of the time but strive for it. Dont break the commandments during the week and if you have be repentant.

How would examining our lives frequently make it easier to partake of the sacrament in the right spirit? I think that if we take a few minutes each day, maybe before the kids are all up and causing havoc, we could take stock of the past day, sum it up and try to do a little better. It is my belief that if we are striving to move toward a character change for the better THAT is what He wants, That is how we are Perfect, I really think he does expect us to become perfect but he knows we arent and can take those baby steps, line upon line precept upon precept.

Day 9
The Atonement.

I covered this in an earlier post. so Im sending you there. Just click on the picture below.

No comments:

Post a Comment