Welcome

Hi there,
Just a couple things, this blog IS about my healing but also about what I learn. I am not by nature a depressed person, I like to enjoy life and strive hard to do so even in the hardest times. I am also a voracious reader and love to study religious things, I know scary, oooo, I do let my religious views be know so if this is offensive to you, not my problem, I will not allow crude posts. Im pretty open minded but wont allow vulgarity or rudeness, My kids read this folks so keep it clean. That's all. May your day be full of joyful bits.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 4 on my 40 Day walk.

Day 4: For God so loved the world. Dallin H. Oaks, "Love and Law," Ensign, Nov, 2009, 26 There is not greater evidence of the infinite power and perfection of God's love than is declared by the Apostle John: 'For God so love t the world, that he gave his only begotten Son' (John 3:16). Another Apostle wrote that God 'Spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all' (Romans 8:32). Think how it must have grieved our Heavenly Father to send His Son to endure incomprehensible suffering for our sins. That is the greatest evidence of His love for each of us!"

First off I want to start THIS post out by saying, I do not believe there is ANY way, We mere MORTALS can EVER know what pain this amazing act of love
caused our Father, Mother or Brother. With that said.

I wo
nder if it has ever occurred to anyone that Christ came down to THIS world and CREATED it under the Direction of the Father. That is pretty much a NO Duh Marne', but THINK about that a minute. HE Jesus, Did that. TO ME that puts a whole other spin on things. Jesus Christ was SO valiant in his PRE mortal Existence that HE created our world.

It is my unders
tanding that unless we do certain things here, in our second estate on Earth, We don't get to do that. We have to be LIKE GOD, be Accepted by Him and through Christ, our mediator, into The Highest degree of the Celestial kingdom, before WE can Create a world. WE NEED a PHYSICAL body.!. Think on this a second.

HOW is it Possible, if we believe that to become like God we must do as he did, be born, live a good life on an Earth, living covenants, obeying commandments and other thin
gs, die and be resurrected to be accepted unto his bosom and become a GOD!!

This might worr
y some, but if we follow this line of reasoning we will see that the Adoration Christ had for his Brothers and Sisters, His Father and the Plan of salvation was complete. It infused every part of him. HE fought for our Father and was so Valiant, had such Dauntless Chivalry and was so Stalwart and steadfast in his Acceptance of the Plan of Salvation that, He not only knew what would happen, He accepted with grace his role. Even knowing that the Father would leave him for a time to suffer alone. Knowing the trials he would face. He CHOSE to do that, to come to Earth to be reviled, hated, crucified, Suffer Pain we mere mortals could NEVER endure. What a great love that is. We say that Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Could Jesus be the reason for that thought?. OF course he is, its in the bible. But have you ever actually THOUGHT about it? The PURE AND COMPLETE KNOWLEDGE that went into doing what He did.

Now, we come to the GOD knew part. I absolutely hate it when I can't do a darned thing to help my kids when they are hurt. When Kevin was sick, going through treatments and loosing his mind. I cried. I hurt for him, I begged to take that from him. NOT being able to help or DO something to make things be
tter for my love was Soul Wrenching. Its a helpless feeling. But GOD had it even Harder than that. HE COULD do something, HE could fix it for his Son. HE COULD do things different but, it would ONLY help that ONE amazing child. He Turned, only for a moment, so that Christ could bring us all home to him. That act of complete love, so total Beautific and all encompassing had to bring our Father, God Himself, to HIS knees.

I have had to allow my children to learn things the hard way, " No Not the fireplace, it burns". I dont know HOW many times I told that to my children. I could have put up barriers to keep them safe. Found a different way to heat my house, etc. would they learn? Sure but their agency was removed. Their ability to CHOOSE to touch or not to touch was gone. This is a simplistic simile but I think the bigger question is, Did the kid touch the Stove? Well, it is an interesting set of statistics. My girls, they got close even
almost touched it, but they chose NOT to get burnt. They felt the heat and didn't want to be hurt. My boys, they were BOTH more difficult the DID get a burn. Not a bad one, and more than one, but they learned, they CHOSE to touch the Fireplace. Do they do it now. Heck no, but they had to DO it, had to Experience it. Ive had people tell me I'm an awful parent because of this but REALLY? Am I? I'm not perfect at all but, when I tell my kids something NOW they listen, they KNOW there are CONSEQUENCES for actions. They have felt it. HOW many times do we as parents, because we love our children, make things worse by fixing it, helping them out. If God had done that where would we be? I shudder to think.

I am eternally grateful to my Father in Heaven for allowing Christ to fulfill his part in the Plan of Salvation. I am awed and humbled that my brother would do what HE did for ME. Christ was SO perfect he was able to create the Earth before he had to have a physical body. THAT is inexplicably noble and a most Treasured Gift. I hope this stumbling woman can live her life, even just a moment of it, good enough to deserve what He did.


Day 5
Missionary Work

"Young Womens Value experiences and projects,"
YWPP: Standing as a Witness of God, 11-74

Matt 24:14, 28:19 D&C 88:81
Pray for a missionary experience.
Place the Pass-a-Long card and the gospel of Jesus Christ pamphlet in your purse or wallet so it can be ready when the Spirit Prompts.

Ponder your testimony of missionary work and record your experiences.



No comments:

Post a Comment