Welcome

Hi there,
Just a couple things, this blog IS about my healing but also about what I learn. I am not by nature a depressed person, I like to enjoy life and strive hard to do so even in the hardest times. I am also a voracious reader and love to study religious things, I know scary, oooo, I do let my religious views be know so if this is offensive to you, not my problem, I will not allow crude posts. Im pretty open minded but wont allow vulgarity or rudeness, My kids read this folks so keep it clean. That's all. May your day be full of joyful bits.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 14 Self Reliance

Day 14:
Self Reliance
Read the Pamphlet All is safely gathered in.
"organize yourselves; Prepare every needful thing, and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting a house of faith an house of learning, a house of glory a house of order and a house of God."
D&C 109:8
How can Provident Living bring us closer to our Savior? In what ways would you like to live more providently?

I cannot tell you how much this has saved my butt in the past and NOW. We definitely have used our food storage. I have a very strong testimony of this particular "commandment". I really have nothing more to say on the matter. Except DO IT!

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I made this really weird looking pot, Its triangular has prayer like fingers coming out of one side, Buddha popping out of one side that has rifle shell relief on it, the third side has a duck call and a small pistol on it. The spout is part of a duck call. Ill try to post some pictures of my Ceramics with a link so you can go see them if you are interested. It will be in the future but I ll get it done.
Today was exciting in many ways. I got my settlement check from an accident I was in last year. I'm excited. I paid off the work I had done to the truck, Paid my vehicle insurance for another 6 months. gonna pay my house insurance for a year. Paid my Daughters Clarinet rental off. Gonna be able to get some dental work done, that's gonna take a pretty big chunk. I get to go see the eye doctor, wondering about surgery but will probably just get glasses and contacts again. Both of these are going to be huge chunks of the money. I am going to go do the HCG again I was pleased with the results last time I'm hoping for better this time. I am going to be able to go to Vegas for my Birthday. I'm hoping to go see the Blue man group, Maybe Lion king, Go on a Night time Helicopter ride, which scares the bejeebies out of me, Maybe a spa treatment. I don't know but am going with my friend Mickie and am excited to just go have some fun. I am needing to unwind. I'm pretty wound up I guess, I get itchy when I get stressed and I'm itchy its annoying. The kids will get some clothes. Me too. I will have to buy a new pellet stove cause I think mine is dieing.
My house goes on the market soon. I have a few things I need to buy to get it done. Just trim and some rock work, I found some cool rock siding I might use will have to see how much it is compared to other stuff. Once that is done I think the house will sell quickly, the only thing it is missing is a back deck and I think who ever buys it would like to put one on of their design anyway. It will look amazing I'm sure.
At the ceramics lab today I made a few more molds, the instructor, David Smith, (this is pretty funny actually as I know another David Smith who lives in Hamilton) suggested we make a mold for bowls or plates. I want to do that because Id like to have a cool set and the method he is suggesting would make them so easy to create. I'm excited about it. I want to make a bunch of molds so I can make a bunch of sets, I LOVE dishes! I went to Pier one and found some great textures, The dollar store too has fun things to make textures out of. If I had my way I would have plate sets for every holiday and all kinds of fun reasons. Its an addiction I got from my mother so MOM I blame you for this one! He, David Smith, was mentioning that he would like to make services that are designed just for special cooked dishes, desserts or fish or sushi or such. I think that is an amazing Idea and want to do that too. How fun for a dish addict! I have to go in tomorrow to make molds and do some more paying for stuff. I'm going to join the art club and go to the Archie Bray, That is exciting. I'm hoping to find some cool fun patterning and molding things to buy in Nevada. Should find some interesting things there. I'm really wanting a ELK head I need one for Kevin's Headstone. Dave told me he would help me with it. I hope he will remember that. I have the headstone all designed in my head, it has 2 Elk, a buck with a cow snuggled under his neck coming out of the front of the stone, on the left under the buck is Kevon's information on the right mine, There is a carving of Silver Lake in Utah, where he loved to go walking, around the information. It looks cool in the drawing I hope it works in the stone. I think we will have to mold it and pour, something like faux granite counter top stuff, in the mold so it will weather well. OK I'm done for tonight have to go to bed so I can get up in the AM and be the adult, clean the house and run to town to play with clay and go to the art club meeting at noon.


Day 15
The Sacrament "Young Women Value Experiences and Projects."
Young women Personal Progress: Standing As a Witness of God, 11-74


Learn more about the sacrament, Read about the Last Supper in Matthew 26:26-28, Mark 14:22-24, and Luke 22:17-20.
Establish a pattern of pondering during the sacrament by listening carefully to the sacrament hymn and prayers. Thing about why we partake of the bread and water. Record in your journal some of the promises you make as you partake of the sacrament and remember your baptismal covenants.

No comments:

Post a Comment