Welcome

Hi there,
Just a couple things, this blog IS about my healing but also about what I learn. I am not by nature a depressed person, I like to enjoy life and strive hard to do so even in the hardest times. I am also a voracious reader and love to study religious things, I know scary, oooo, I do let my religious views be know so if this is offensive to you, not my problem, I will not allow crude posts. Im pretty open minded but wont allow vulgarity or rudeness, My kids read this folks so keep it clean. That's all. May your day be full of joyful bits.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas

Not so bad so far, Santa made it. Kids are OK this morning, we have talked about how it is gonna be with dad gone this year, it seems to have helped.

I have lost 5 babies at various times during my pregnancy's, the hardest by far are the ones close to term. I am reminded of an old viking tradition, when a baby is born and did not appear to be healthy the father had the discretion to place it out in the woods, if it survived it would be kept and raised if not it was mourned and life went on. I had thought, when I first read this, it was an atrocity, still do but I think I understand why now. Loosing a baby whom you love and adore is very difficult but having raised and known a child through toddler hood, as a young man and then as a father himself it must be gut wrenching to go through. The old Viking tradition was something a father and husband could do for his child and wife, compassionate? Now don't get me wrong I still think it is horrible, I also did not live then but I do think, I at least, can understand even if I don't agree.

I got a letter from my father in law, he is very eloquent and an amazing writer, I am posting at the end of today's post so you can get a fathers view. There are a couple things Fred got wrong, Dawson is 7 not 6 at the time of his daddy's death and though my Brother in law DID much for our family it was not he who flew me down to AZ. A family friend (S.C.) did that and I can never repay her kindness!
Hopefully people will drop by today, I need someone to eat all the food.

Through his fathers eyes. Letter from Fred Christmas 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment