If we apologize for everything we have ever done we have undermined all
that we have ever accomplished. There are times and situations when it
is appropriate to step up and admit wrong but NOT when freedom is being
threatened. That is a slog through the mud to destruction.
- Marne' Newton
This may be one of the smartest things I have ever come up with.. Today on the anniversary of the terrorist attack on this great nation there are many beautiful pictures with wonderful words but what I do not understand is HOW when there are attacks against Americans around the world, today, our government turns the other way and apologizes to the attackers? I am appalled! I am disgusted!!
 |
| Forest helping Dawson |
|
|
My son wants to be a Marine, he is going to sign up for a delayed entry to join the Reserves in 2 weeks. He is just 17 and wont ACTUALLY join till after graduation but this will give him some good experiences till that time. He will then have a year to get three years, or 5 months of active reserve duty time in, prior to his 2 year DEFERMENT, yup just like Mitt Romney, so he can go on a Mission. He will finish up when he gets home. I was disheartened that it is an 8 year commitment, 3/5 three active 5 inactive reserve ( I still don't have the lingo down yet so that may not be the correct terminology) I am proud of him and also afraid. He is my baby and this is a difficult decision I have to make, because I have to sign him in. MY biggest worry is that he will not be allowed the deferment and because of the current administrations machinations this past 3 1/2 years. I am worried that he will end up waist deep in a war..a night mare for any parent or love one of any service person. I will be praying. This will either make him or break him. (Mommy moment)
 |
| Small town respect |
|
I am enjoying school, its a lot of work but it is getting me where I want to be and with Forests choices, I may work with people who have ptsd, the military or such. Don't know but it is now something I am considering.
I will graduate college when he enters boot camp. Heavy heart that is bursting with pride? Such a conflict. I so wish Kevin were here to talk this out with. It is what Forest has wanted for a VERY long time and I know I need to let him walk his path, I just wanted it to be a little safer one. I pray God helps me to do the right thing by him, he is such a great young man! Against so many difficulties he has turned out to be pretty fabulous and I admire him for the decisions he has made in his life. Crazy thing is he may get his EAGLE AWARDED after he is in basic..It is SO hard to let them grow up sometimes..
No comments:
Post a Comment